Saturday, August 6, 2011

03 August 2011

One day down; two days to go. I don't know how much more studying I can take; and I haven't even studied for more than two hours. Finals, no matter where you are studying, are of the devil. That's all there is to it.

Classes ended today. I am not sure how I feel about this. I am going to miss learning from Brother Judd and from Doctor Chadwick. They are both wonderful professors; I would definitely consider taking classes from both of them in the coming semesters. I am actually taking a Pearl of Great Price class from Brother Muhlestein (my Old Testament professor in Jerusalem) in the Fall. I am really looking forward to it.

Both classes finished by noon, releasing us to eat lunch. It was pizza today! The pizza is one of my favorite things at the Oasis! After lunch, I headed into the computer lab to commence studying for Dr. Chadwick's final, but I didn't get much studying done. After three hours of sitting in front of a computer, I managed to study for approximately twenty minutes; what I did with the rest of that time is a mystery to me!

At four o'clock in the afternoon, I headed out into the Old City with Josiah and Jenny. It was a blast! There was never a dull moment as we made our way through the Christian Quarter, searching for different items and souvenirs. It was a short but pleasant outing; and I got gummies which made it all the better! We made it back to the Jerusalem Center, after a quick beverage stop at the "7-11" down the street, just in time to wash our hands for dinner.

With dinner done and out of the way, I moved back into the computer lab to "continue" studying. I ended up standing behind Josiah and massaging his shoulders for the next hour as he read through Dr. Chadwick's slides. I actually learned a lot! And counted it as my studying for the night! It was definitely a productive evening. At least I got some form of studying done though, right? Haha there's always a first for everything.

Overall, I would say it was a fairly delightful day. I didn't do much, but I still went into the city and had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment